Tapping the Brakes
Recognizing Credentialing Red Flags
When a credentialing specialist discovers an anomaly in a provider’s application – such as time gaps, malpractice issues, and reporting inconsistencies – it sends up a red flag. Join Team Med Global in discussing how to handle areas of concern that surface in applications for membership and privileges.
1. Explain the concept of negligent credentialing
2. List 5 types of issues flagged by credentialing specialists
3. Describe 4 steps to take when red flags surface
Add Polish to Your Career Practices
While we all take pride in our work, we may have knowledge gaps about career basics or need to polish our career practices. Join Team Med Global as we apply lessons learned from the field that will elevate our professionalism. We’ll discuss everything from workplace conflicts of interest and career portfolios to salary negotiations and professional development plans.
1. Explain 3 ways to avoid conflicts of interest in the workplace
2. Identify 5 best practices for workplace communication
3. Describe 4 negotiation strategies
The Pursuit of Excellence
Physician Quality Evaluations
MSPs are the gatekeepers of patient safety. Privileging is based in part on tools such as the Focused Professional Practice Evaluation and the Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation. Join Team Med Global and learn how to simplify collaborative processes that collect meaningful data, ensure compliance, and contribute to patient safety.
1. Pinpoint the differences between the FPPE and OPPE
2. Describe how to leverage internal structures to simplify the evaluation process
3. Identify areas of collaboration among MSPs, Credentials and MEC Committees, and the Board
Effective Meeting Management
Hospitals and other healthcare organizations create an ever-increasing number of standing committees, ad-hoc committees, and task forces, which is why stellar meeting management can improve department performance by increasing efficiencies. Join Team Med Global for an outline of the principles of effective meeting management and then delve into tips and tricks to streamline meeting agendas, roles and responsibilities, and minutes.
1. Describe 3 strategies for reducing the frequency of meetings
2. Create a meeting preparation checklist
3. Identify meeting documentation required by standard accrediting bodies
Due Process and Fair Hearing
When a problem surfaces that could impact a practitioner’s membership or privileges, MSPs play a crucial role in the notification and due process steps. Join Team Med Global to develop a roadmap for ensuring due process, tracking fair hearing progression, and working in tandem with legal teams.
1. Describe the role of governance documents in the fair hearing process
2. Explain 3 methods to track fair hearing deadlines
3. Identify effective ways for MSPs to raise concerns with committee members
Built to Last
Effective Team Structures in Medical Staff Services
The responsibilities and expectations of medical staff services are ever-evolving, making it crucial to adapt to today’s healthcare environment. Join Team Med Global in exploring how to refresh your team to meet accessibility and productivity demands, all while staying connected.
1. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of generalists and specialists
2. Describe trends in function integration
3. Identify new expectations regarding work hours and position status